Friday, November 09, 2007

06 November 2007 - Seven.Teen

I was Six.teen, I am Seven.teen.

But I don't know where to begin, unveiling all the surprises. I didn't know turning seventeen felt this way. Though numerically, it simply means an increase in number, but it meant something a lot more than that. I'm grateful and extremely thankful :)

My day started at Riverlife Kindergarten, with the kids! Two friends came by to 'surprise' me. Though I knew beforehand, thank you :) It meant something to me. Made my way down town to meet my classmate, Stacie, and she wrote the sweetest card! But I'll always remember what took place after.

God, dropped a huge surprise on me, by visiting me at Raffles City's Starbucks.

The two of us bought Mochas, sat down and talked from 4-6pm. We talked about everything - Religion, spirits, personality, character, reason. And it was there that I realised how this was the beginning of further growth. I have much more to pick up, experience and learn as I age, on this earth that stands temporal. God's presence was stronger and louder than the atmosphere at Starbucks, louder than the music and the voices of everyone else who was there. I was close to tears at certain points, and I remained that way even when I was instructed to head home.

So unexpected things followed, credits to two major masterminds, behind a really ingenious plan. I came home, thinking that no one was home. But I came home, to this:



That palace was made with their two bare hands. The donuts were heart-shaped and they blew up all the balloons. How much more effort could they have put in just to make my day extra special? I thought that was it. Little did I know, I was so wrong. Those two in the picture, are culprits but, I love them so :)

They stayed over. And I woke to a very sweet, "Good Morning Sunshine" Video, which almost made me cry :) I was made to head out in a shirt they made for me, haha!


I thought we were going to watch a movie, but noooooo. Guess where we went? I was kidnapped at Woodlands Interchange and when I opened my eyes, I was in a queue at Singapore Customs, as well as the Malaysian customs which followed. They brought me to JB and I concluded that I have friends who are out of this world :D

So when I finally arrived back on mainland, I headed to my Poly cell's party. And I was really late :\ We watched Whose Line Is It Anyway? and The Hills Have Eyes. Oh, the horror and gore. I found out later that it was just part of the plan, grr. They surprised me too, aww :) I loved the sparklers! There was cake, chocolate and hazelnut, all over my face. But I forgive you all, okay? Haha but really, thank you all. (Sorry for the bad picture, Ian has the rest.)


I reached home really late, but found something in my room:


Suejen came by, to leave me this :) Why are my friends so incredibly sweet?

Thank you all, for your well wishes, gifts and friendship. It has made my 17 years much brighter, meaningful and well spent :) So I'm scaling all that's ahead together with God, a step at a time.

I've been pretty much exhausted since my papers ended on Monday, but that doesn't matter. Everything else does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home